Homemade Pretzels

Homemade Pretzels!

I personally love pretzels but they are so expensive and doesn't fall in my budget! Hence I always look for people willing to give me a treat XD But I can't depend on them for long, can I? So I decided to make them at home!

Ingredients: 1 cup=200ml

  1. Warm water
  2. Active dry yeast
  3. Salt
  4. Sugar
  5. Flour
  6. Oil
  7. Baking soda
Directions:
  1. In a bowl take warm water 1 1/2cup, 1tbsp salt, 1tbsp sugar,1 packet active dry yeast and rest for 5mins. Pour 4 1/2 cups of flour, 2 tbsp oil, and mix until a dough is created. Cover the bowl with a transparent sheet and leave it in a warm place for an hour.
  2. Take the dough out and cut it into 8 equal pieces. Take one piece, roll it until a thin long string like thing is made and bend it to make the shape of a pretzel like this:


  1. In a pan, bowl water at high and add 2/3 cups of baking soda, and put the pretzel in it. Fry for 5mins then take it out.
  2. On a tray, place a parchment paper and on top of it place the pretzels. Apply egg wash all over it. ( to prepare egg wash, take 4 eggs and mix well )
  3. Bake for 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15minutes.

                          

Comments